When I’m using the Network diagram function in Microsoft, I always turn of the automatic placing of boxes. Format—>Layout:
Select Allow Manual box positioning and confirm with OK.
To create the first box, click and drag and when you let go of the mouse, a nex box has been created:
You can now click in the different fields, enter text and confirm by pressing TAB. For example:
If you move the cursor to the middle of the box and click and drag to outside of the box, a new linked task is created:
If you instead click and drag outside the boxes, a new unlinked task is created:
- You can use Indent and Outdent and all other commands as usual
- Double clicking a box opens the Task Information dialog box
- Double clicking a link opens the Link details dialog box
- Double clicking outside the boxes opens the Box Styles dialog Box
- If you switch view, for example to Gantt chart, the information in the Gantt chart is based on your changes here.
If you change the duration of a task to 0, the task becomes a milestone task. The form changes by this. Observe that you can using Box Styles specify which format and data all boxes have.
If you click and drag from one box to another, you can create new links:
Observe that you can use the zoom buttons to zoom in and out to view more or less of your diagram: